The Shelton Monroe Swim Team is dependent upon parental support. A well-run Swim Meet requires 30-40 parents to officiate, time, score, ribbon write, assist in parking and run concessions. Throughout the year, parents will be assigned jobs for Nutmeg, CSSL and USA Meets on a rotating basis. These assignments are not optional. You will be notified via email of your job assignment prior to a Meet. If you are unable to fulfill your assignment, you are required to find a replacement. If we do not fulfill our Team assignments at a Meet, our Team will be fined. We appreciate your cooperation.
• Parents are responsible for their swimmers before and after practice. Parents should walk their swimmer into the building and be sure the swimmer arrives on the pool deck before the parent leaves the building. For the safety of your swimmer, parents should arrive to pick up their swimmer before the end of practice. Coaches are not responsible for swimmers before or after practice.
• Parents should check your mailbox folder and e-mail frequently.
• Please make the commitment to get your child to practice on time.
• It is vital that the swimmers arrive to meets on time for warm-up. At meets, coaches are required to notify Meet officials of scratches 45 minutes prior to start of a Meet.
• If you need to communicate with your swimmer’s coach, you can email them, call them on the telephone or speak to them before or after practice. Please do not approach the coaches during practice or at Meets.